Why this Event?
A combined city tour that allows you to discover the most important historical places and buildings of Venice. This tour is divided into two parts. From a centrally located meeting point you will be lead by a professional guide through the most characteristic places around the areas of Saint Mark's Square and Castello.
After this walk, you will enjoy a view of the city from the water, on board a Gondola.
The tour starts with a historical introduction in St. Marks’s Square, and its architectural delights, allowing you to discover the history of the Doge’s Palace, once the seat of the power of the Republic of Venice, and the surrounding buildings. Leaving the square, you will be guided into the residential Castello area, allowing you to discover this part of Venice in all of its elegance, through its labyrinth of narrow alleys - “calli”, many bridges, winding canals and wide picturesque squares - “campi”.
You can expect to discover campo Santa Maria Formosa, one of the largest squares in Venice with its church, named after its visitation of the Holy Virgin; campo Santi Giovanni and Paolo where you will be able to admire the famous church, the resting place of several Doges, and the equestrian monument of Bartolomeo Colleoni, an Italian mercenary Captain.
The former residence of Marco Polo, probably the most famous Venetian merchant and the Malibran theatre are also part of the itinerary.
After the walking tour, you will be accompanied to campo San Moisè, the landing stage of the famous venetian transportation, the Gondola.
Relax aboard this historic vessel, enjoying the thrills of both the Grand Canal and minor canals.
Admire Venice from this amazing point of view, witness its magnificent architecture, and whilst gliding under its bridges, discover secret entrances to the elegant palaces and hidden corners. The gondola ride is not a guided tour.
This 2 hour combined tour concludes in Campo San Moisè, a short walk from Saint Mark’s Square.
• Fully qualified local guide;
• Gondola Ride along the Grand Canal and the minor canals;
• Great photo opportunities;
• Pick up from a centrally located meeting point;
- City guided walking tour of Saint Mark's Square and the Castello area;
- Personal audio system and headset for tour commentary;
- Live tour commentary provided in English, French, Spanish or German;
- 30 minute shared Gondola ride steered by Gondolier.
- The walking tour does not include inside visits to museums or attractions;
- The gondola ride is not a guided tour;
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off;
- Food and drink;
- Optional gratuities.
• Check-in is 15 minutes prior to booked tour start time;
• Shared gondola with max. 6 people per gondola;
• This activity is not wheelchair accessible;
• The gondola will not operate in the event of bad weather, high tide or gondoliers' strike.
• External city walking tour of St. Mark's Square, Saint Maria Formosa Square, Saints Giovanni and Paolo Square, Marco Polo's House and the Malibran Theatre;
• Gondola Ride along the Grand Canal and the minor canals.
You may also like
Special Offer Price