Why this Event?
This exclusive evening walking tour organized solely by Venice Events will provide you access to Saint Mark’s Basilica, one of the most spectacular cathedrals in the world, after closing time with no crowds! Enter this Byzantine treasure trove with just your guide and the church custodian, out of hours. Leave the crowds outside, while you discover the peace and serenity of this spiritual location, what was once the private chapel of the Doge of Venice.
Starting in Saint Mark’s Square, our specialized guide will introduce you another side of Venice and its origins. Enjoy fantastic tales of tyranny and embrace the dynamic history of Venice, whilst discovering the history of the most dramatic and awe-inspiring building in Venice, Saint Mark’s Basilica.
Without the need to skip the queues or wait behind hundreds of other sightseers you will enter this sumptuous building, when all of the other tourists have long gone.
The clink of the custodian's key as he opens the doors for your group will be the start of this very special and moving experience.
Without the buzz of a thousand tourists, relish in the glorious golden mosaics, all 43,000 square feet, illuminated just for this tour. Your passionate, and expert guide will explain the intricate works and history of the ornate decoration found throughout this architectural masterpiece. Witness the Pala d’Oro, one Italy’s most refined and accomplished examples of Byzantine enamel, decorated in gold and with over 1,900 gems.
As the Basilica, has been opened just for this intimate tour, we will also visit areas that otherwise are not open to the masses, such as the crypt, where the relics of Saint Mark are said to be laid and the main altar.
Venice Event’s personally selected guide will ensure your small group can embrace the art and history of this sacred location.
There will be no more than 6 groups in any one time in the Basilica, and therefore, ensuring this one-and-a-half-hour tour is a once-in-a lifetime experience behind closed doors.
Don’t wait any longer, book now on line as this is an exclusive tour with limited access.
• Venice Event’s specialized guide will ensure your group can embrace the art, history and artistic beauty of this location.
• We visit the Pala d'Oro, the “Golden Altar”, including areas that otherwise are not open to the masses, such as the crypt;
• This tour is only open to small groups, no more than 15 people per group and a maximum of 6 groups per evening visit;
• We have privileged access into the Basilica therefore ensuring this is a once-in-a life experie
- Exclusive access for Venice Events' groups into Saint Mark's Basilica after hours;
- Small groups of 15 people or less; a maximum of 6 groups per day;
- The tours will start in Saint Mark's Square with an introduction to the visit, and continue with exclusive access to the church with its breathtaking mosaics, the Crypt, normally closed to the public and the Pala d’Oro the Golden altarpiece;
- 1 hour and 30 minutes guided walking tour;
- Highly qualified Venice Events tour guide.
- Admission to the upper floor of the Basilica and the treasury;
- Optional gratuities;
- Hotel pick up and drop off;
- Food and drink.
• Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time;
• This activity is not wheelchair accessible;
• Shoulders and knees must be covered in the Basilica;
• Backpacks are not allowed inside the Basilica;
• The tour will take place rain or shine;
• Pick up from a centrally located meeting point.
• Saint Mark's Square.
• Saint Mark’s Basilica.
• The Pala d’Oro.
• The Crypt.
You may also like
Special Offer Price