Why this Event?
You'll be escorted by your private guide during a relaxing 2-hour guided walk away from the main tourist sites and crowds. We make our way through the labyrinth of alleyways towards the famous Opera house La Fenice which burned down and has now been rebuilt to is original glory, then a quiet walk towards Palazzo Fortuny once known as Palace of the Orpheans, we will see the ornate Bovolo spiral staircase (known as ‘of the snail’) tucked away in a tiny courtyard, then onto a view of Rialto bridge and Grand Canal.
Discover the hunch-back of Rialto, Marco Polo’s house and much more. Take advantage of our expert guides, and learn about the Venetian dialect. Hear the history of this enchanting city from our local guides.
Discover the extraordinary architectural masterpieces and why they were built that way, learn how Venice lost out on the trade routes when the New World was discovered, leaving Venice medieval forever. Strolling along the narrow streets, “Calle”, to encounter hidden away treasures.
You then continue on to our enchanting gondola ride and glide through centuries of history, allowing yourself to be captivated by the glamour and elegance of the Venetian Palazzi. The perfect way to appreciate the beauty, charm and color of this unique city built on water, you will be enthralled by what surrounds you.
On this unique exploration of the Venetian canals, unwind and relax into the gentle rhythms and movements of the Grand Canal, appreciating the skill involved in steering the gondola through the intricate waterways of the city. As you sit back and take in the views, you will inevitably become involved in the friendly banter of the gondoliers - as much a part of Venetian culture as the gondola itself!
This charming tour will take you one step closer to the romantic facades of Venice and will enable you to understand what it was to be truly Venetian.
- Discover the area between Saint Mark's Square and Rialto;
- External visit of the most popular Venetian sights and hidden corners: the Fenice Theatre, the Bovolo Staircase and Rialto Bridge;
- Bring a camera, wonderful photo opportunities!
- Private guide for the 2-hour walking tour;
- Gondola ride along the Grand Canal and the minor canals (no guide);
- Free Hotel pick up on request, if your hotel is in the Saint Mark’s Square area.
- Food and drink;
- Optional gratuities;
- The tour does not include inside visits to museums or attractions;
- The gondola ride is not guided;
- Hotel drop off.
- This tour is not suitable if you have limited mobility;
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible;
- You should wear comfortable walking shoes;
- This tour operates rain or shine.
- Saint Mark's Square
- La Fenice opera house
- Palazzo Fortuny
- The gondola ride takes you along the Grand Canal near Hotel Bauer and through the inner canals around La Fenice theatre.
You may also like
Special Offer Price