Commonly Asked Questions
- What should I do if I cannot find meeting point for the tour or event? You should ensure you know the exact meeting point in advance of the tour/event and allow plenty of time to get there. If you still do not know where to go you must contact Vence Events office on (0039) 041 5239979 or outside office hours mobile (0039) 349 3054767. It is your responsibility to be at the meeting point at the correct time.
- What time should I leave my hotel to arrive at a Grand Ball ? This depends on the event you are attending and the type of ticket you have. Start time of the event should be shown on your voucher. Your concierge can advise you and book private water taxi should you desire, or please contact Venice Events office for advice.
- How long does a tour or event last ? Please check the description and you will see the duration.
- What time does the Grand Ball start? Please check the description and also your pre-paid voucher/ticket.
- Do I have to put on a mask or cloak for the balls or tours ? Each event or tour has a different requirement. Please check details when booking. You can be refused entrance to a palace if you are not wearing the historic costume required. For tours, it adds to the enjoyment of the tour for everyone if you follow the recommended attire. Minimum during carnival is a mask (or have your face painted)
- What happens when I book on line? When you have chosen your tour or event, you must add this to your shopping basket. (If you are already a client write your user name and password) If you are a new client, you must complete the registration form. When you are ready to check-out, you must confirm and pay via our secure payment system (gateway). When payment has gone through, you will find your booking in the reserved area, and when payment is confirmed by us, you will be able to print your pre-paid voucher and find all the information necessary ie time, meeting point, directions.
- What is the difference between Normal ticket, VIP ticket and Superior VIP ticket? This relates to the main Grand Ball and relates to the position of the table booked and the time to attend the ball. Superior VIP are obviously the very best positioned tables, closer to the main entertainment.
- Which events are recommended for youngsters ? This depends on the age. Some grand balls are not really suitable for young children as they do not end until the early hours of the morning.
- Can children attend a ball? Up to what age can children participate? Usually children under the age of 6 years are NOT allowed. Children above this age can attend but please note this is at the discretion of the parents and the ball may not be suitable /or entertainment suitable) and the event does go on late.
- What sort of costume should I wear to the ball ? Each event or palace has its own requirements or theme. Please check carefully when booking your event. You can be refused entry if you are not correctly dressed. Please note Venice Events can assist you to book an appointment with an atelier, but cannot guarantee certain costumes available. It is your responsibility to ensure you have your costume. We recommend you book ahead your appointment as availability of costumes cannot be guaranteed, particularly for the main weekend of Carnival.
- How can I check the weather forecast for Venice for the duration of Carnival ? Please check our website home page which shows a five day forecast
- Terms and Conditions All payments must be made in full when booking each event. Cancellations will not be accepted for any bookings after the 1st of November 2015.Cancellations after this date will not be refunded Changes or cancellation to bookings before this date will be charged at 30 Euro per ticket. When booking through Venice Events you are on booking your tickets for the event, no extra services are included and must be booked separately
- Legal Information and cancellation All the organisers reserve the right to cancel or suspend all or part of the events mentioned above for any force majeure. If this is the case the client will receive a full refund from the organisers who will not be held responsible, and no further action or request for loss of moneys will be requested. Venice Events s.a.s. are a booking agent and not responsable for any discrepencies during the events itself. For any complaints Venice Events will put you in touch directly with the supplier.